Member Protection Information Officers
Member Protection Information Officers play an important role in clubs. They provide information and guidance on complaints procedures - they are the 'go to' person if you want to discuss problems at your club/association, particularly if you are considering making a formal complaint.
The Member Protection Information Officer course is aimed at people seeking to become recognised MPIO officers in their State. The course contains 7 core modules. The modules are:
- The MPIO Role
- Complaint resolution procedures
- Member Protection and the Law
- Child Protection
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Ethical and Practical Considerations
To become an MPIO and receive a Certificate of Recognition, participants must:
Complete the free online training course
- Access the MPIO online course via Sports Integrity Australia. You can use your existing Play by the Rules log in or register without cost for an account (this course must be completed PRIOR to you attending the workshop).
- Choosing Find Courses from the top menu and then clicking on Play by the Rules will bring PBTR- Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) straight to the top row.
- The course takes several hours, and covers topics such as MPIO role, the law, complaints management, child protection and ethics.
- It’s essential you do the online training before coming to the MPIO workshop as it forms the basis for all discussion, and will ensure you get the most from the workshop session.
Please note: there are two parts to qualifying as an MPIO.
- MPIO Part 1 - Complete a national MPIO online course via the e learning hub
- MPIO Part 2 - attend a local face-to-face workshop run by your sport or State/Territory Department of Sport and Recreation
To find out more and register for a course.
Register as a MPIO on the national database
- Use both your online and workshop certification numbers. Details of this process will be shared upon completion of the face-to-face workshop.
SLSA Member Protection Policy
SLSA Complaints Resolution Policy