Vacancies - SLST Board of Directors
Expressions of Interest are invited from interested persons wishing to nominate as a member of the SLST Board of Directors.
Nominees for the following positions should consider if they have any of the desirable skills identified in the Position Description and which complement the overall skills matrix of the Board.
- President (1 Position)
- Elected Director (1 Position), current incumbent not renominating.
PRE-REQUISITES / SELECTION CRITERIA FOR DIRECTORS
- be a financial member of an affiliated Club or SLST;
- have his/her nomination endorsed by his/her Club;
- meet the following selection criteria.
Only candidates meeting the selection criteria set out below will be qualified to stand for election:
- very sound knowledge of, and empathy for, Surf Life Saving;
- previous experience in organisational work from either private business or community activities; ideally this experience has been gained as a committee member or board member;
- demonstrated ability to understand a wide scope of community issues, including requirements and objectives of governing/charitable bodies;
- management or administration skills, preferably with a knowledge of risk management and the Associations Incorporation/ Corporate Laws in the areas of corporate governance and directors duties and responsibilities;
- sound presentation and communication skills;
- ability to demonstrate major achievements or contributions in previous roles (either professionally or in surf life saving);
- ability to work and communicate effectively within the group and with external parties;
- understanding the strategic planning process and ability to implement developed procedures;
- Commitment to the role and ability to devote sufficient time and energy to the position.
Expressions of Interest outlining qualifications and experience can be forwarded to Karyn Blakey at firstname.lastname@example.org , by5.00 pm, Monday 5th August 2019
For more information about the positions and application process please click here