Vacancies - SLST Board of Directors
Expressions of Interest are invited from interested persons wishing to nominate as an Appointed Director of Surf Life Saving Tasmania Inc. in the role of Director of Finance.
Nominees for the positions should consider if they have any of the desirable skills identified in the Position Description and which complement the overall skills matrix of the Board.
Expressions of Interest outlining qualifications and experience can be forwarded to Karyn Blakey at email@example.com , by 9.00 am Friday, 10th May, 2019.
Position Description - Appointed Director (Director of Finance)
Appointed Directors should have skills that complement and/or supplement any skill gaps that may exist in the Board, with the aim of ensuring that the Board has all the necessary skills to govern the organisation.
Appointed Directors do not need to be Individual Members or have experience in, or exposure to, Surf Lifesaving.
Director of Finance duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate SLST’s exposure to risk and fraud, and monitor the development and implementation of internal controls to contain such frauds and risks;
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the SLST’s accounting, administrative, information technology and operating policies through active communication with operating management, internal audit and external auditor;
- Evaluating the adequacy of the SLST’s accounting and control systems and its information technology and operational controls and procedures, by reviewing written reports from the external and internal auditors, and monitor management’s responses and actions to correct any noted deficiencies;
- Monitoring the standard of corporate conduct in areas such as arm’s-length dealings and likely conflicts of interest;
- Reviewing the policies and procedures for ensuring that SLST complies with various forms of federal, state and local government legislation; and
- Taking an active interest in ethical considerations regarding the SLST’s financial and operational policies and practices;
- Chair the Audit, Finance and Compliance Committee. The Audit, Finance and Compliance Committee shall be comprised of people with very sound financial management skills and experience, including:
(i) a Chairman who shall be the Finance Director;
(ii) one (1) member of an Affiliated Club
(iii) one (1) independent member;
(iv) the CEO or nominee(s) (non-voting); and
(v) a representative of SLST’s appointed auditors shall also be invited and eligible to attend meetings in an ex-officio, non-voting capacity.